Building Wireless Sensor Networks
From the back cover:
Ready to explore the glamourous world of wireless sensor networking? Create distributed sensor systems and intelligent interactive devices using the XBee radios with ZigBee wireless networking protocol. With this fast-paced, hands-on guide, you’ll have built a series of useful projects by the time you’re halfway through the book, including a complete ZigBee wireless network that delivers remotely sensed data.
Radio networking is creating revolutions in volcano monitoring, performance art, clean energy, and consumer electronics. By following the examples in each chapter, you’ll learn how to tackle inspiring projects of your own. This resource- and reference-packed book is perfect for inventors, hackers, crafters, students, hobbyists, and scientists.
- Investigate an assortment of practical and intriguing project ideas
- Get an extensive shopping list for all the parts and programs you’ll need to prep your ZigBee toolbox
- Create a simple, working ZigBee network using XBee radios in less than two hours and for under $100
- Use the Arduino open source electronics prototyping platform to build a series of increasingly complex projects
- Become familiar with XBee’s API mode for building sensor networks
- Build full-scalable sensing and actuation systems with inexpensive components
- Learn about power management, source routing and other XBee technical nuances.
- Make gateways that connect with neighboring networks, including the Internet
Robert Faludi is an NYU Professor, SVA professor, and an expert consultant on commercial projects, including large-scale home energy monitoring. His work has appeared in The New York Times, and on CNet, Good Morning America, and elsewhere. Robert is a co-creator of the LilyPad XBee wearable radios and Botanicalls, a system that allows thirsty plants to place phone calls for human help.
- code download
- schematics in Fritzing
- XBee level-shifting (RX/TX)
- TMP36 temperature sensor instructions
- errata (corrections and updates)
- Selected Press
- Kits, are now available!